Bachelor of Science, Environmental Studies
University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio AUGUST 2013 - APRIL 2017
• Coursework: “Clean-Coal” Technology, Renewable Energies, Electric Battery Technology, Ecology, Biogeochemistry, Chemistry I &II, Environmental Journalism, Media Law & Ethics, Magazine Writing, Reporting & Editing, Communications, Photojournalism.
• GPA: 3.4/4.0
Breaking News Reporter The Mansfield News Journal, Mansfield, Ohio NOVEMBER 2018 - Present
Politics and Breaking News Temporary Reporter / Newsroom Intern The Cincinnati Enquirer, Cincinnati, Ohio JUNE 2017 - APRIL 2018
Assisted in production of 2018’s Pulitzer Prize for Local Reporting, ‘Seven Days of Heroin: This is What an Epidemic Looks Like,’ which offered a glimpse into the devastating effects of heroin and opioids in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Profiled James Kolenich, a lawyer who is representing organizers of the Charlottesville’s “Unite the Right” rally in federal court.
Provided content and coverage of Cincinnati’s fall 2017 mayoral and city council elections.
Broke news of self-proclaimed leader of the “alt-right” and white nationalist Richard Spencer's impending yet failed visit to the University of Cincinnati.
Wrote extensively on pedestrian safety, neighborhood issues and provided arts and entertainment coverage when needed.
Editorial Intern JANUARY 2017 – MAY 2017 CityBeat – News & Entertainment Weekly, Cincinnati Ohio
• Produced weekly staff picks and provided recommendations of what to do in and around Cincinnati during the weekend in relation to music, theater, art and culture.
• Copy-edited, fact-checked articles to verify accuracy of claims.
• Pitched story ideas for new content based on the particular theme of weekly publication.
Assisted in production of ground-breaking investigative work which exposed the breadth of nepotism in Hamilton County Clerk of Courts and Prosecutor’s office.
Communications Intern SEPTEMBER 2016 – MAY 2017 Sierra Club Miami Group/Ohio Chapter, Cincinnati, Ohio
• Updated content on social media platforms.
• Circulated campaign literature and press releases from the national desk of Sierra Club to promote engagement and recruitment of new members.
Cook/Closing Manager AUGUST 2014 - AUGUST 2017 / MAY 2018 - NOVEMBER Dewey’s Pizza (Kenwood), Cincinnati, Ohio
• Trained new employees on various stations related to producing pizzas.
• Managed employees and delegated tasks during closing of store.
• Skilled in the topping, tossing of pizzas, cooking, preparation of salads, all in a timely, aesthetically conscious, expedient manner to achieve time goals.
Staff Reporter AUGUST 2013 – MAY 2017 The News Record, The University of Cincinnati Student Newspaper
• Composed and produced work for the Arts & Entertainment department.
• Interviewed bands/music promoters; composed Q&An sessions.
Assistant Chef JANUARY 2010 - AUGUST 2014 Fresh Table LLC, Cincinnati Ohio
• Assisted chefs in prep, catering orders, and social media.
• Fulfilled customers’ order in a deli-style, a la carte, lunch/dinner counter setting with over 50 dishes to maintain and present at once.
• Maintained work areas and equipment in a clean, orderly fashion.
• Advanced in Presto, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, & Excel, Mailchimp and WordPress.
• Very basic German & Chinese.
HONORS & LEADERSHIP
Volunteer SEPTEMBER 2016 - AUGUST 2017 DewMore Non-Profit, Cincinnati OH
• Supported local communities of Cincinnati through volunteer work and fundraising for various community based causes.
• Giving back to the community in the form of pro-bono efforts for local churches.
Sierra Club Educational Fellowship Award SEPTEMBER 2016 Sierra Club Miami Group/Ohio Chapter, Cincinnati OH
Harvest Day Volunteer SEPTEMBER 2016 – DECEMBER 2016 Our Harvest, Cincinnati, OH
• Worker-owned cooperative that creates access to healthy, local food in a way that honors land and labor.
• Harvest Day brings food access to places people are already gathering naturally, such as their faith community and school.
• Setting up of weekly Harvest Day distribution sites for deliver/pick-up.
• Assisted with orders, taking payments, making sure orders were complete at the time of pick-up, and promoted the Produce Perks program to eligible consumers who received SNAP benefits.